Best 5 Free WAV Players to Play WAV Files on Android in 2023
Last Updated on Mar 15, 2023
As a music lover, you will often come across WAV audio format as it is commonly used in music production, sound design, and audio editing. And maybe not many of you know that WAV files are actually not compressed, thus, resulting in their excellent audio quality.
In this article, we will be discussing the top-rated 5 WAV player for Android along with its key features.
Let’s dive in!
#1. Lark Player
Downloaded by over 10 million users worldwide, Lark Player is one of the best players on Android that can play various files from both video and audio formats. And of course, this WAV player Android is favored by many players not without any reason. Here are some of its best features:
- Multiple file formats support: it offers a range of formats like WAV, 3GP, FLAC, MP3, MP4, etc.
- Sleep timer settings: it can stop your music playback after playing for a certain limit of time.
- Floating player support: it allows you to listen to music in the background and do other tasks.
- Customizable audio output: it has a series of equalizers to adjust the audio quality, which consists of adjusting treble, reverb, bass, etc
- Offline playback support: it has the ability to play music or video files without an internet connection
- Online streaming support: it also has the option to play video or music files from popular platforms like YouTube and Soundcloud
How to Play WAV File on Android using Lark Player
Step 1: Download Lark Player
Head over to Google Play Store and search for “Lark Player”, then tap on the “install” button.
Step 2: Grant the app permission
Launched the app and you will face several pop-up notifications. Tap on the ‘allow’ option on each of them. This is to grant the app permission to access your local file storage and transfer them to the app.
Step 3: Locate the WAV files
Go to the “Music” tab, then tap on the “Songs” tab and look for the WAV file you want to play.
Step 4: Play the files
To play the files, simply tap on them and it will automatically start playing.
VLC, a free and open-source media player, was launched back in 2001 by VideoLan Project. This media player is originally designed for Windows but has been developed to be compatible with various operating systems, including Android, iPhone, macOS, and Linux. The app is known for its versatileness that offers a series of features, including but not limited to:
- Various formats supported: it can support a wide range of audio formats like WAV, FLAC, MP3, etc.
- Advanced playback controls: it has the function to adjust the playback speed, add subtitles, or even create a playlist of your favorite songs.
- Equalizer and various audio effects: it also allows you to adjust the bass, treble, or other frequencies.
- Stream online audio from various sources: it has an online streaming function to stream online radio stations and podcasts.
- Convert audio files: it can convert from one format to another without losing the audio quality.
- Record audio from various sources: it supports the features to record from your microphone or the audio output of your device.
AIMP claimed to design the app specially for music enthusiasts. Indeed, it offers a range of features and functions that drives users to rate it at an average of 4.6 stars. Most users mentioned the highly customizable user interface that makes them access it easily, while some users mentioned its ability to support a wide range of formats.
To be more specific, here are some of its best features:
- Highly customizable UI: it offers a series of skins for you to change the app’s layout according to your preferences.
- Audio formats support: it is capable of playing many audio formats like MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, etc.
- Additional plugin support: it has various plugin features like visualizations and DSP add-ons.
- 10-band graphic equalizer support: it allows you to adjust the output sound according to your liking.
- Powerful playlist management: it can create and manage playlists adding removing, and reordering tracks.
- Tag editor: it allows you to change the metadata of the audio files..
#4. Audify Player
Developed by Appitzer Studio, Audify Player is a music player app exclusively designed for Android devices. It is available to download for free on Google Play Store and has been downloaded by over 50 million users. The surprising part is, it has an average rating of 4.8 stars. This is surely a very high star compared with the number of downloads.
Some of its best features are:
- Widget support: it provides a shortcut for you to play music from your home screen.
- 5-band equalizer support: it features the function to adjust the bass and virtualizer.
- Available in many languages: it claimed to offer 40 different languages other than English, like German, Chinese, Spanish, Russian, etc.
- Ringtone cutter: it features a cutter to trim the verse of your favorite music and set it as a ringtone.
- audiobooks support: it allows you to listen to various audiobooks other than music.
- Voice assistance: it allows you to use a voice command to play your music.
Pulsar Music Player is known as a “pretty face”. It offers a modern yet simple user interface that is very eye-pleasing.The features that make it stands out from the others are the ability to support standard file formats like WAV, MP3, ACC, FLAC, etc. Apart from that, it also has these features:
- Lyrics displayed: it has the feature to load the lyrics of your favorite music to sing along to the song.
- Chromecast support: it allows you to connect your music to a larger screen.
- Advanced playback features: it provides a series of playback features like gapless playback, crossfade, speed control, etc.
- File management: it can manage and play your music based on albums, artists, or playlists.
- Sound balance adjustment: it offers a series of audio settings to adjust the output.
- Customizable interface: it provides various colorful themes to change the layout of the app.
In short, with various music players available on Android’s Google Play Store, playing WAV files is no longer an issue. The issue is, you will have to look for a reliable player so that you can fully enjoy them.
FInd no more and try to install one of these players!